Fortunately, you no longer need thick metal braces to straighten your teeth and bite. Invisalign® is a clear, thin plastic retainer that is custom-made to fit your teeth and gradually shift them vertically and horizontally until they are in place. It is the perfect treatment for both adults and teens, allowing you to straighten your teeth quickly without anyone knowing you’re wearing them.
Four million patients have already chosen to use the innovative Invisalign® system, and with good reason. There are a number of benefits to using Invisalign® over braces. You might consider using this treatment for any of the following reasons:
- Easy to remove – You no longer have to worry about brushing your teeth, eating, or flossing with chunky metal on your teeth. These clear aligners can easily be taken in and out, so you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods without issue.
- Invisible – As the name implies, these plastic trays are virtually invisible. No one will even know you are using them, which makes them a huge success with teens and adults alike!
- Highly Convenient – As you progress with your treatment, you will change to a new set of aligners every two weeks. However, visits to the office will only be necessary every four to six weeks.
- Efficient – Treatment with the Invisalign® system is 50% quicker than with any other method. By following your dentist’s instructions for use and care of your Invisalign® aligner, you can see results in only a matter of weeks.
- More Comfortable – Invisalign® is a safer, more comfortable option than braces. Without metal on the teeth, there is little risk of cutting yourself on the device.
Your Next Steps
Getting started with your Invisalign® program is fairly simple—almost as easy as the treatment itself! If you’d like to begin straightening your smile, consider taking the following steps:
- Consultation – You will need to schedule a visit at Oak Park Dental Group to discuss with your dentist whether or not this program fits your particular needs. Fortunately, Invisalign® is beneficial to almost any healthy patient, as it can treat a variety of orthodontic issues. The program can fix overcrowding, gaps, misalignment, malformed bites, and more.
- Treatment – Once you have had your consultation appointment, you will receive a series of custom-made Invisalign® aligners. These will move your teeth incrementally over the course of your treatment, so long as you wear them 20-22 hours per day. Your dentist will track your progress with scheduled visits every six weeks. Be sure to follow your dentist’s instructions for use and cleaning, as it will ensure the best results.
- Results – Over time, you’ll see your new smile taking shape. When your treatment is finished, you and your dentist can decide if a custom-fit retainer is best to keep your teeth aligned.
Invisalign® is an easy, comfortable, and speedy way to get your perfect smile. If you’d like to get started with the Invisalign® program, contact the Oak Park Dental Group offices today to schedule your consultation appointment.