Have you been longing to change your smile? Oak Park Dental Group goes beyond providing preventative and restorative care—we also offer elective procedures to transform your teeth and give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures are often scheduled outside of your biennial check-ups with your general dentist. However, these services aren’t always purely beneficial to your aesthetic appearance. Many of these procedures have great benefits to the functionality of your teeth, such as restoring cracked or damaged teeth and gums. Here are some of the services that we offer at Oak Park Dental Group:
- Veneers: Custom-fit porcelain veneers improve the strength and appearance of decaying or damaged teeth. Veneers can repair a variety of issues, including broken or damaged enamel, crooked teeth, and even noticeable gaps.
- Teeth Whitening: Using a laser and heated light to activate a gel on your teeth, the teeth whitening procedure removes discoloration and deep stains. This is one of the most common cosmetic procedures, and leaves you with a bright white smile in just one appointment.
- Composite Bonding: This technique repairs damaged, decayed, or discolored teeth with a material that resembles real tooth enamel. Your dentist will drill out the damaged areas of the tooth and apply a mold to the tooth’s surface, shaping it so it creates a seamless transition between the mold and your real tooth.
- Dental Implants: Implants can be considered both restorative and cosmetic, as they not fix rotted, infected, or missing teeth, but also greatly improve the smile of those suffering from these issues. Because they fasten to your jaw, they look and act exactly like healthy teeth!
Your Next Steps
If you think you may be interested in improving your smile, here are the next steps you can take:
- Choose your dentist. A number of cosmetic services, such as teeth whitening, can be performed by your general dentist at Oak Park Dental Group. However, should you be looking for a more intensive procedure, you may want to research a bit further into the treatment that you want as well as the dentists that specialize in this care.
- Consider expenses. Depending on your dental insurance, many of these elective, cosmetic procedures may not be covered. However, certain procedures are considered restorative—such as crowns or repairing a chipped tooth—but also happen to have great aesthetic benefits as well. Be certain to check in with your insurance company to know if your care will be covered.
- Schedule a consultation. Before beginning your treatment, your dentist will want to schedule an appointment to create the best treatment plan for you. They will also want to discuss what you can expect with your procedure, including recovery times, the length of your procedure, or even the use of anesthesia.
If you’d like to take the next steps towards improving your smile, Oak Park Dental Group is here to help! Our cosmetic dentistry services will give you your perfect smile and improve the overall health and appearance of your mouth. To schedule a consultation, call our offices today.