If you would like to remove imbedded stains or discoloration from your teeth, Oak Park Dental Group offers a treatment that will leave your teeth sparkling white in a span of one to two visits. Our teeth whitening treatment can reverse years of food and drink stains that even proper brushing and flossing cannot remedy.
Our Whitening Treatment
Teeth whitening is an incredibly effective treatment to remove moderate to severe stains from your enamel. This common cosmetic procedure can leave your teeth looking renewed for months at a time!
If you have decided you would like to get the teeth whitening procedure, here are some steps you can expect to take:
- Book your Appointment: This cosmetic procedure will be a separate, special appointment from your standard biannual check-up. Discuss with your dentist how many appointments he or she thinks you will need to achieve the best results. You can expect that it will require either one or two 1-hour appointments. You might also wish to contact your dental insurance provider to determine how much this elective cosmetic procedure may cost.
- The Procedure: First, you can expect that your dentist will need to remove any debris or plaque from the surface of your teeth. This will enable them to place the whitening solution directly onto your enamel. Your dentist will then apply a gel to the teeth and activate it using a heat lamp or laser.
- Beautiful Results: After your procedure, your teeth will be sparkling white for months. Practicing good oral hygiene will help you to keep these results for as long as possible.
Maintaining Your Results
We want to make sure you get to keep your beautiful new smile for as long as possible. To prevent stains and maintain your oral health, consider taking the following steps:
- Brush your teeth twice a day. We recommend that you brush your teeth twice a day, though it is always best to brush after meals so as to remove food particles that can stain your teeth.
- Floss regularly. Food and bacteria that is trapped in your teeth for too long can lead to gingivitis, which creates a yellowing effect along the gum line. Flossing every day helps to remove this debris and plaque from hard to reach places.
- Avoid coffee and other staining drinks/foods. You may want to consider skipping the daily coffee, tea, and sodas in order to keep your teeth their beautiful new color. Acidic foods like citrus fruits, as well as tomato sauce, curry, and soy sauce, will also stain your teeth if eaten regularly.
- Eat fibrous fruits and vegetables. Carrots, pears, and apples are known as nature’s toothbrushes! They scrub your teeth as you eat and help you to produce saliva (which works to remove acids and bacteria from your teeth).
- Visit the dentist. Keeping in good oral health is important for maintaining your smile. Seeing your dentist twice a year will keep your gums and teeth feeling and looking great!
Are you ready to get your beautiful white smile? Call Oak Park Dental Group today to schedule an appointment.